Beginner License Guide
Update on graduated licences as received from the Ministry of Transportation office in Oakville. A. Learners permit (G1) restrictions:
- must drive with a person with a valid drivers licence who has been licensed at least 4 years.
- the learner is not permitted to drive between the hours of midnight and 5:00 a.m.
- the experienced licensed driver must have no more than .05% alcohol. (Wheels would expect that any licenced driver would have zero content of alcohol in his/her system, when in control of a car).
- must wear seat belts.
- learner cannot drive on 400 series highways, QEW, Don Valley, or any highway with a posted speed limit in excess of 80 kmh.
Clients who have successfully completed an approved Driver Training course with 20 hours of in classroom instruction and 10 hours of in car instruction, will receive from the Driving School Association of Ontario a graduation certificate. With this certificate in hand, a graduate may book a road test for the G2 licence, as early as 8 months after getting a G1 drivers’ permit. For those potential drivers who choose not to take an approved Drivers Education course, they must wait a minimum of 12 months, before they are allowed to book for a road test. Only graduates of approved Driver Education Schools will receive insurance reductions on their premiums. B. Restrictions of a G2 licence include:
- zero alcohol
- seat belts are mandatory for all passengers
- not permitted to drive a vehicle where there are more passengers than seat belts.
After a minimum of ONE year (Maximum of 5 years), of driving with a G2 licence, a person may book for the G2 EXIT road test, which will provide a full G class licence.
For more assistance, please call WHEELS DRIVER TRAINING LTD. at (905)-878-4135. Our business is Road Safety and we thank you for choosing WHEELS DRIVER TRAINING LTD.
Wheels will respond quickly to any requests. If our staff is out of the office when you place your call, please leave your message, your name and telephone number. Your call is important to us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.